Saturday 14 January 2012

The adventure is over

♫ Ensiferum – Lai Lai Hei

So I finished reading The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket, having been reading it randomly ever since I mentioned it in this blog post dealing with Edgar Allan Poe. It was very enjoyable, something I hadn't expected it to be, and something I could recommend to everyone who has enjoyed Poe's short stories or who likes adventure stories such as those of Verne's. Those who have found their inner pirate might enjoy it too, they're sailing so much.

The image here is Albert Edward Sterner's illustration of a certain scene – about which I won't tell anything as it might be a spoiler.

But alas! Can someone tell me what happened to Tiger? Did I just miss that part, or was it omitted altogether?

Lastly, Satuilin – if you see this, please contact me at quicksilversanity @ gmail.com. I have trouble contacting you regarding your giveaway prize as the email messages just keep bouncing back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...