Monday 22 August 2011

Living dead corpse pride

♫ Mägo de Oz – Molinos De Viento

On Saturday there was a Zombie Walk event in Tampere! Or, like I saw a mate call it, Zombie Pride. :D However, a funny event with a funny idea. So many participants, several hundreds!

I didn't have that much time to prepare for the event – I didn't come up with a role or a carefully-thought full attire. It's a pity, but I didn't have the time to tinker with zombie props or even buy some fake blood. The best preparation I had was a night shift on Friday – a very unlikely thing to happen when you work in an advertising agency. However, one project required me to work on Friday evening instead of the normal office hours, and I was quite dead on Saturday. I might have looked zombie enough without any white face powder or dark rims around my eyes, but nevertheless, I applied some.


For mere amusement and illustration purposes I can provide you with photoshopped images, so well yeah... The photo on the left is right after I finished my makeup, on the right I'm with my finished look, which is barely even zombie-like; it just made me seem like I had the worst hangover ever. On the other hand I took that photo at night, when the make-up had partly worn off already. Anyway, I didn't want to look too grotesque because I figured we might end up spending the night somewhere without a flock of zombies around us, and... I don't know, but somehow I feel more comfortable looking like a freak when I don't have to do it alone. But on the other hand it's mostly about feeling like a freak. I'm quite sure someone conventional thinks I'm a freak in my everyday attire, but I don't feel like one – thus I don't feel uncomfortable.

On Sunday I also went to Chilifest Finland with my brother. :D I'm not really their target audience – I can barely even touch a chili pepper! For real – years ago I chopped a few mild chili peppers and couldn't touch a thing for two days. Needless to say, I don't eat those things. But the world cup eating contests was interesting.

The internet connection I ordered was supposed to start working today, but surprise surprise, it didn't. To be honest, I'm not the least bit surprised. Either way, the day's been tough and I'm quite sure tomorrow will be too. I'm looking forward to several things worth blogging about; the Ofelia market sales event, the 80's party, and a bit of this and that... And oh, I started reading The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket. Cheers!

And OH! I have a few new readers! You're warmly welcome aboard! ♥ So long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...